Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Special Guest on Prairie Home Companion...

I guess winter has officially hit Milwaukee this morning.
Yes, it's the long awaited "25 degrees, but feels like 11" weather.
And just in time for Thanksgiving break.

Some of my fondest memories from my childhood are driving home late at night from a day of Christmas shopping in Grand Junction and falling asleep with my sisters in the back seat to the sound of Garrison Keillor's voice on A Prairie Home Companion as we made the two hour trek back to Ouray.

Another one of my fondest memories is going to the Telluride Bluegrass Festival on Father's Day with my family. I blame these events for my addiction to the sound of a banjo and twangy vocals.

My sisters and I backstage at the festival

So I'm really excited that on November 27, special guests The Punch Brothers will make an appearance on A Prairie Home Companion.
So tune in this Sunday from 5-7pm (Central time) to hear one of the most talented "newgrass" band I know of.
You can also listen to the show online if you're in a food coma from all the leftover goodies like I will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment